Extra Credit: Parsing Template Screenshots

Add your screenshots of your parsing templates here, and tell us what you learned! This is an extra credit activity.

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 8.30.23 PM

Just made my first parsing template! It was kinda difficult to understand at first but the official LogDNA Youtube video helped me out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Had fun creating my first parsing template:

1 Like

1 Like

parsing template below

1 Like

1 Like

Learned how to drill down to a specific key/value pattern in a log and extract the value

1 Like

1 Like

As a test, made some parser that takes some basic data about each login: the uid, the ip address and the result. The parser:

The result:

1 Like

I wasn’t quite sure what to query, but I found the API lines return during one of my tests. They appear to follow a set format where the first word relates to the debug level, so I was parsing that out and setting in as the typeDescription

1 Like

I was able to extract the pid

1 Like

Parsing Template

need more practice here. :smiley:

1 Like

1 Like

trying a parser for addr

1 Like

here’s my attempt as a parser. It seems like you can pretty much parse out and capture anything you might possibly want.

1 Like

Screenshot for reference

1 Like

Here we go!

1 Like

I followed the tutorial from logDNA youtube video. It is about DHCP that has three operators, to extract the ‘dhclient’ value, extracts the ‘xid’ value and the ‘port number’ respectively.
Then, proceed with validate the sample line with its output.Lastly, press ‘Activate’ button.

The sibling operator from the left to right( in sequence) as follows:

1st operator

2nd operator

3rd operator

Test and validate the sample outputs:

Activates it

1 Like

1 Like